Great American Insurance has been in business for over 150 years. They serve niche markets and offer innovative insurance solutions to customers. Among these markets is transportation.
Great American offers a number of trucking insurance products to help cover all of your risks when your fleet is out on the road.
Great American Coverage Options
The Great American Insurance Group specializes in insurance for trucking companies. Their transportation insurance products include:
The company’s Physical Damage insurance provides coverage for damage to your tractor or trailer.
Physical Damage includes:
- Specified perils or comprehensive
Customers have a range of deductible options and endorsements, including:
- Deductible Buyback, which pays deductibles on your behalf. Pay a low monthly fee to offset deductible costs and gain peace of mind.
- TruXpro, which protects your equipment, finances and personal items.
Policyholders also become a part of the Rig Ready program and get other perks.
- If a covered vehicle needs to be stored, you may not have to pay storage fees.
- Loan Gap coverage will help cover the difference between the cash value of the truck and how much is owed on the truck loan at the time of the loss.
- If you experience a loss within a year of the truck’s purchase date, you will be reimbursed for Federal Excise Tax.
Occupational Accident Insurance
The Great American Insurance Group’s Occupational Accident Insurance policy protects drivers by providing coverage for:
Coverage is available for accounts of all sizes, and policies are flexible. Drivers who are injured also receive the following:
- Nurse Case Managers to assist drivers through the recovery process
- First Script program to eliminate wait times for prescription reimbursement
- Physician referral service to help drivers find the closest medical care facility
Anything can happen when you’re out on the road. But if the worst happens when a truck is not being operated for commercial purposes, your claim may be denied.
Non-trucking liability can provide coverage in these scenarios. This policy’s coverage includes:
- Medical payments or personal injury protection (when state law requires it)
- Third-party bodily injury and property damage liability
- Uninsured/underinsured (when state law requires it)
Alternative Risk and Captive Solutions
Trucking companies that are looking for a risk-sharing structure may choose the company’s Alternative Risk and Captive Solutions product. This product is offered by Great American Advantage Captive (GAAC).
GAAC offers minimum premiums of $300,000 and $2 million. These policies include:
- Physical damage
- Workers’ compensation
- Contingent liability
- Occupational accident
National Interstate Coverage
National Interstate is a leading commercial transportation insurer in the U.S., and they are also a part of the Great American Insurance Group.
They provide coverage for a number of transportation classes, including:
- Fleet trucking
- Waste operations
- Propane haulers
- Specialty carriers
Insurance Services With Great American
Great American Insurance provides more than just insurance for trucking companies. Fast, timely service is provided on top of additional service options, such as:
Rig Ready is a safeguard for your business. If your rig isn’t operational, you’re losing money. The Rig Ready program helps truckers get their rig back on the road five days faster than the competition.
Policyholders have access to the Ready Rig program if they have a Physical Damage policy. The perks of the program include:
- Access to 300 high-quality shops
- Ability to handpick shops and negotiate with them
Shops in the network are often full-service dealers with access to parts, certified technicians and others who will get you back on the road ASAP. The repair process entails:
- Inspecting the truck
- Preparing an estimate
- Approving an estimate within hours
If the Rig Ready team approves the estimate, there’s no need for an appraiser. Upon approval, the team can get back to working on your vehicle and release the vehicle to you when it’s done. Shops within the network release vehicles even when they haven’t been paid by Great American Insurance yet.
Direct and Agency Bill billing options are available. Policyholders can choose the billing option that is best for them:
- Direct Bill is an option, and the company will send statements to the designated payer or policyholder. Recurring or one-time payment options are available.
- Agency Bill mails bills to the agent each month.
Billing can be paid by electronic check or credit card.
Transportation companies gain access to an Agent Portal designed to make managing business easier. Decision-makers can request access to the portal to view:
- Policy documents
- Billing and payment status
- Marketing materials and forms
- Claims loss run report
Occupational Accident Services
Three main occupational accident services are also available to policyholders:
- Nurse case management
- Physician referral service
- Pharmacy benefits
Great American Insurance is an industry leader in trucking insurance and provides a robust set of services that help truckers manage their business finances and risks.