Gallagher is one of the largest brokerage commercial transportation insurance companies in the world. The company has been in business since 1937 and is now a leader in the insurance brokerage and risk management business.
Gallagher offers a wide range of transportation insurance programs, including options for Business Capacity Owners contracted with Landstar.
Landstar Insurance Agency
Gallagher administers three programs to Business Capacity Owners that are contracted with Landstar System. These include:
The physical damage program has several coverages that aren’t always easy to find, such as:
- Haul back to home: Provides up to $1,500 in coverage.
- First-dollar windshield glass coverage: There is no deductible for road hazard damage.
- Single deductible: Applies to tractor and trailer if both are damaged in an accident.
Enhancement Package Coverage
In addition to what’s included in the standard coverage, the enhancement package offers coverage for:
- Downtime: Up to $150/day for 21 days if your vehicle is disabled in an accident.
- Personal effects: Up to $500 for theft of items not attached to the vehicle ($25 deductible applies).
- Travel reimbursement: Up to $500 for transportation back home if your vehicle is disabled in an accident.
If your vehicles are financed, GAP insurance is worth considering. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident and you owe more on your loan than your vehicle is worth, GAP insurance will cover the difference.
The unladen liability program certificate shows $1 million for property damage and/or bodily injury while operating on a “nonladened,” non-trucking or bobtail basis.
Zurich American Insurance Company provides unladen coverage.
The Contractor Protection program provides similar benefits to workers’ compensation.
Emergency Roadside Assistance
Just as the name suggests, the emergency roadside assistance program provides emergency assistance whenever you need it – 24/7. Assistance can include towing, fuel or locksmith services.
Gallagher Truck Insurance Products
As a transport insurance company, Gallagher Truck Insurance offers an array of programs to meet the needs of its clients. Some of the many solutions that are offered include:
Third-party logistics helps the transportation industry remain in motion. Gallagher offers a mix of insurance products to keep your operation running smoothly. Through the company’s offerings, it’s possible to alleviate main issues, such as:
- How to protect your core business
- Improving motor carrier vetting
- Implementing best practices
Some of the many coverage options include contingent cargo insurance, truck broker liability, warehouse legal liability, logistics errors and omissions and much more.
Owner Operator Insurance
Owner operators can reduce their risks by obtaining coverage for:
- Physical damage
- Contingent liability
- Non-trucking liability
- Occupational accident insurance
Specialty coverage is a necessity for a lot of trucking operations. When you’re running a trucking operation, obtaining some or a combination of the following can help reduce your risk:
- Employment practice liability
- Pollution liability
- Fiduciary liability
- Cyber liability
- Directors and officers liability
- Much more
Risk Management Solutions
Minimizing business risks is possible through tech-powered solutions that Gallagher offers to improve safety and close risk gaps. Two main risk management solutions are present, including:
- Accident avoidance technology that will improve proficiency while also offering driver scores based on daily events.
- Transportation insurance management systems are also available to help streamline your operations through automated administration, billing and certificate solutions.
Loss control is another major offering by Gallagher, which safeguards your operation as it grows.
Loss Control and Consulting
Gallagher Truck Insurance aims to help owner operators and trucking companies save money and secure their operations. The company offers both loss control and consulting to help identify potential loss sources, reduce the risk of loss, and minimize liability tasks.
Consulting offers loss analysis, evaluation, defensive driving help, assistance with regulatory compliance, lease agreements and more.
Gallagher provides industry-leading insurance and solutions to keep trucking operations running smoothly with as little risk as possible.