HDVI (High Definition Vehicle Insurance)
HDVI (High Definition Vehicle Insurance) is amongst the new commercial trucking insurance companies disrupting the industry by offering flexible payment options, fleet services and modern tools that help fleet owners improve safety. HDVI offers a number of options for fleet coverage and a special type of insurance with rates that adjust based on your real-time risk.
HDVI Fleet Coverage
HDVI provides the most vital coverage for fleets to protect against risk. High Definition Vehicle Insurance coverage includes the following:
HDVI’s commercial auto liability coverage includes:
- Physical damage
- Bodily injury
This coverage kicks in if you or one of your drivers are at fault for an accident that causes damage or injuries.
Broadened pollution is included with this coverage, which has a limit of:
- $1 million CSL
Sub-coverage options are also available, including:
- Uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage with a limit of $250,000 or the state minimum default
- Medical payments coverage: $5,000 limit
- Personal injury protection: State’s limit
Deductibles range from $1,000-$100,000 for this policy.
The physical damage insurance from HDVI provides coverage for your own vehicles if you or one of your drivers is at fault for an accident.
Their physical damage coverage is more comprehensive because it covers:
Although optional, this coverage can provide vital protection for your commercial trucks if they are involved in and at fault for an accident.
HDVI’s physical damage coverage has:
- Deductible options of $1,000, $2,500, $5,000 and $10,000
- $200,000 limit per power unit and $100,000 limit for trailers (based on the stated value)
- Includes up to $5,000 for towing
Supplemental coverages are available for this policy, including:
- GAP coverage
- Non-ownership liability
- Higher towing limits
- Hired or borrowed covered autos
- Trailer interchange
- Non-owned trailer
Motor Truck Cargo
Motor truck cargo insurance will cover any commodities or freight that your trucks are hauling. While considered optional coverage, motor truck cargo insurance is now typically required by brokers and shippers. It covers cargo against:
- Trailer/cargo strike
HDVI allows policyholders to select a limit and a deductible for this policy, and it can also be combined with a physical damage policy. The coverage also includes debris removal and earned freight.
Motor truck cargo includes:
- Limit of up to $250,000 per unit (catastrophic limit applies)
- Deductible options of $1,000, $2,500, $5,000 and $10,000
- Temperature control limit of $250,000
- Refrigerated breakdown limit of $250,000
There are certain types of cargo that are excluded from coverage, including:
- RVs, boats and cars
- Tobacco products
- Fine arts
- Household goods (storage/moving)
Additional coverage options include:
- Reefer breakdown
- Temperature control
- Combined physical damage and cargo deductibles
Trucker’s General Liability
HDVI also offers trucker’s general liability, which covers damages and injuries caused by business-related activities outside of driving a truck. These may include:
- Slips and falls
- Non-driving activities performed by employees at customer properties (e.g., loading and unloading)
- Libel and slander
Trucker’s general liability coverage is only available to trucking companies and must be packaged with HDVI’s auto liability insurance. This policy provides the following coverage:
- Personal injury liability
- Bodily injury and property damage liability
- Products-completed operations
- Medical payments
- Advertising injury liability
- Damage to rented premises (7 days or less)
Limits on this policy are as follows:
- $1 million per occurrence
- $2 million aggregate
The Stop Gap limit is subject to the aggregate and occurrence limit
Exclusions do apply here. Operations that are ineligible for coverage include:
- Tanker operations
- Not-for-hire companies
- Companies that generate revenue from operations other than trucking for-hire, such as those with truck washes, farming operations, significant warehouse exposures or companies that operate lifts.
What is Shift Dynamic Insurance Coverage?
HDVI Shift is a dynamically priced fleet insurance option that helps policyholders save up to 20$ on their insurance. Shift offers personalized pricing based on your real-time risk. The safer your drivers are, the bigger the discount on your premiums.
Shift allows policyholders to earn these discounts on a monthly basis rather than having to wait months for them.
Shift uses insights from telematics devices and looks at how, when and where you drive to determine your discount. The company connects to your ELD and dashcam to gauge your risk in real-time. Dashcam footage is not used to gauge your monthly discount, but can be referenced by Fleet Services to offer feedback on how to improve safety.
Policyholders can also take advantage of tools and support to maximize their savings, such as personalized coaching and feedback on how to lower policy premiums.
Fleet Services from HDVI
Each HDVI policyholder is paired with a Fleet Services representative to help maximize their safety program. They provide assistance with:
- Insurance, including loss reporting, pre-inspection, endorsement and claims
- Telematics, including product selection, ordering and installing, and setup and onboarding
- Safety, including driver coaching, interpreting telematics data and safety program best practices to follow
- Compliance, including DataQ review and TO inspections software
HDVI offers a variety of fleet safety tools and resources, including:
- The HDVI Fleet Portal, which allows you to view your telematics data and safety trends. You can also view your policy details, driver safety leaderboards, DOT compliance, equipment list and more.
- HDVI Driver+, which is a driver’s rewards program. Drivers can log in to view their safety trends, events and leaderboard. The optional rewards program can be customized and allows drivers to earn extra income for driving safely.
- Safety video platform, which helps safety managers and drivers stay on top of the latest in safety. It includes monthly video assignments and a portal for fleets to track completion.
Flexible Payment Options
Along with unique programs and insurance options, HDVI also offers flexible payment structures, which include:
- Mileage reporting: Pay per mile. Down to five unit fleets, and letters of credit are accepted for deposits.
- Scheduled: Interest-free installment plans with low down payment options.
Flexible payment structures allow policyholders more options when choosing HDVI for their insurance needs.