Owner Operator Direct provides commercial truck insurance and has been an industry leader for more than three decades. Underwritten by Lancer Insurance Company and based in Florida, Owner Operator Direct supplies coverage for both own authority and leased owner-operators.
The company also offers online claim reporting as well as the ability to get a quote online.
What Types of Coverage Does Owner Operator Direct Offer?
Owner Operator Direct offers coverage options for own authority and leased owner-operators.
A standard policy includes:
- Reload expense coverage
- A catastrophic limit of $1 million
- Towing expense
- Earned freight charges
- Expanded refrigeration coverage
For drivers with their own authority, Owner Operator Direct offers comprehensive coverage that includes:
- Commercial auto liability: Covers bodily injuries and property damage in at-fault accidents.
- Physical damage: Will repair or replace your truck in case of theft or an accident.
- Non-trucking liability: Provides protection when using your truck for non-commercial purposes.
- Cargo: Protects against losses to any cargo you’re carrying, including refrigeration failure, theft and damage.
- General liability: Protects against business-related injuries and physical damage. For example, damage to a loading dock.
The company also offers other enhancements that owner-operators won’t easily find with other standard policies, such as:
- Gap coverage to ensure that your vehicle is covered up to the amount financed.
- Free towing in case of an accident.
- Combined deductibles for cargo, trailer and tractor damage. This means that policyholders only pay one deductible in case of an accident.
- Family Emergency Coverage Endorsement and Deluxe Coverage Endorsement.
Owner Operator Direct also offers coverage for leased owner-operators, which includes (but is not limited to) the following coverage:
- Medical payments/injury protection: Covers accident-related medical expenses for both you and your passengers.
- Non-trucking liability: Provides protection for when you’re operating your truck outside of the scope of the lease agreement (i.e., driving your truck on personal time).
- Physical damage: Covers the cost of truck repairs and replacements in case of an accident or theft.
- Uninsured/underinsured: Covers damages in hit-and-run accidents or when at-fault motorists don’t have enough coverage.
For both types of coverage, deductibles will vary, depending on your chosen policy.
What Type of Support is Available?
When it comes to commercial truck insurance, customer support is almost as important as the coverage itself. If you need to file a claim or ask a question, it should be easy to get in touch with a representative.
Owner Operator Direct offers two support options:
Representatives are available 24/7 if you need to file a claim. However, you won’t find options for live chat or an FAQs page. In fact, the company’s website provides very little information about its services and coverage options. For owner-operators in the early stages of finding a policy, lack of information can be frustrating.
What Extra Features and Protection are Available?
As an Owner Operator, you run a business and can secure additional insurance coverage that safeguards your operation from unexpected expenses. The features that are offered through Owner Operator Direct that are optional yet should be considered are:
- Catastrophe’s coverage can provide up to $1 million in coverage for disasters, such as a flood, hurricane or earthquake.
- Combined deductible options are available that allow you to combine your deductible into one if you suffer damage to your rig, trailer and/or cargo.
- Debris and pollution coverage is available, with up to $25,000 in cover in the event that your truck cargo or parts need to be cleaned up after an accident or disaster.
- Expanded refrigeration provides a wide range of coverage if you frequently use refrigerants when hauling loads.
- No coinsurance coverage eliminates your out-of-pocket expenses on top of your deductible.
- Reload expense cover offers coverage for the fees to reload cargo so that you can complete the shipment.
- Towing expense cover is also an option and covers towing expenses for a breakdown or accident.
Owner Operator Direct offers O/O peace of mind that their business has adequate coverage in the event of an accident or natural disaster.
Visit OwnerOperatorDirect.com to get started.