Acuity Insurance has been insuring truckers for more than four decades. The company launched in 1925 as the Mutual Auto Insurance Company of the Town of Herman. Over the years, their coverage options expanded to include owner operators and trucking businesses.
Today, the trucking insurance agency covers a wide range of motor carriers, from flatbeds to refrigerated freight and more.
<< Call Now 405-776-1989 >>
Acuity Truck Driver Insurance Policies
Acuity offers insurance coverage for both owner operators and trucking companies. Along with the standard coverages for trucking companies, they also offer specialized fleet insurance.
Here’s what their coverage includes:
Acuity’s standard commercial auto policy offers excellent coverage, but they also have additional, optional coverages that you can purchase to further protect your business or fleet.
Their commercial auto insurance includes:
- Liability: Covers damage to third-party property and injuries to other parties.
- Physical Damage: Covers damage to your truck(s), even if you or one of your drivers were at fault. It even covers the cost of towing to a repair shop.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP): Many states require this coverage, which covers medical expenses. In some states, PIP also includes lost income and other costs.
- Medical Payments: Covers the cost of medical care for those injured in the accident.
- Uninsured and Underinsured: Protects you if you’re in an accident with another driver who is uninsured or doesn’t have enough insurance coverage.
Their optional coverages include:
- Truckers’ Enhancement: Includes more than 20 coverages, including lost income, personal property coverage, damage to audio, electronic or visual equipment in the vehicle (this includes electronic logging devices), waiver or subrogation, and more.
- Business Income: If you need more than the coverage provided in the enhancement endorsement, this endorsement will provide additional protection.
- Towing: Provides up to $2,500 for towing and labor costs.
Acuity’s general liability insurance includes all of the standard coverages, but they also offer some additional endorsements for added protection.
Standard coverages include:
- Bodily Injury: Covers medical care and lost time from work.
- Property Damage: Covers the cost of repairing or replacing damaged property.
- Personal and Advertising Injury: Provides protection if you are sued for slander or libel.
- Medical Payments: Covers the cost of care for injuries regardless of who was at fault.
Optional coverages include:
- General Liability Enhancements: Includes employee benefits liability, damage to rented premises, waiver of subrogation for written contracts and more.
- Additional Insured: To help you meet the requirements of written contracts.
If you want extra liability protection, Acuity offers excess liability coverage. In the trucking industry, where accidents and injuries can be severe, having that additional protection may save your business from bankruptcy.
If you have employees, you likely need workers’ compensation insurance. Texas is the only state that doesn’t legally require workers’ comp coverage, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t have it.
If an employee gets hurt on the job, workers’ compensation provides coverage for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
If an employee should die while on the job, workers’ comp insurance will also provide a financial benefit to the deceased’s family.
Acuity’s standard insurance trucking insurance policies cover most bases, but they also offer specialized coverage to maximize your protection.
These specialized coverages include:
- Cargo: Covers the cargo that you’re hauling. Several options are available that can be customized to your needs.
- Bobtail or Deadhead: Ideal for owner operators. This coverage protects your tractor when you’re not pulling a trailer or your trailer is empty.
- Trailer Interchange: Covers damage to trailers that you rent or don’t own.
- Motor Carrier Filings: Acuity will handle your state and federal filings, including cargo filing and financial proof of responsibility.
Acuity offers the coverage that owner operators and trucking companies need to protect their business and employees. The company understands the trucking business and tailors its insurance policies to meet the needs of those in the transport business.
Visit Acuity.com for more information.