Sentry Commercial Truck Insurance
Sentry Insurance has been in business since 1904 and has been under the leadership of CEO Pete McPartland since 2010. The company offers truck insurance through a group of specialized independent agents. The transportation sector is led by Scott Miller and offers a wide range of coverage options for fleets of all sizes, from owner operators to large fleets.
In addition to insurance coverage, Sentry also offers safety programs created by their certified directors of safety.
Sentry Truck Insurance Products
For the last 29 years in a row, Sentry Truck insurance has received A+ ratings from AM Best. Their commercial policies are only available through 65 individual agencies that specialize in trucking.
Today, Sentry insures more than 37,000 truck drivers.
A wide range of truck insurance products are available, including:
Commercial Auto Liability
If you or one of your drivers is found liable for damaging property or injuring another person, commercial auto liability will provide you with the coverage you need.
It provides coverage for:
- Lawsuits related to covered accidents
- Court and defense costs
- Medical bills for injured parties
- Costs to repair damaged property
Motor Truck Cargo
An essential coverage for truck drivers. Along with the common perils you face on the road, motor truck cargo insurance will protect you against a variety of losses, including:
- Cargo theft
- Debris removal
- Mechanical reefer breakdown
- Freight charges you earned but could not collect on due to a covered loss
Physical Damage Insurance
Sentry’s physical damage insurance will help cover the cost of replacements, repairs or the actual cost of your damaged vehicle in case of a covered accident.
Standard physical damage coverage options include:
- Specific, named perils
Additional coverages are also available, including:
- Rental reimbursement
- Gap coverage
One of the most important forms of coverage for trucking companies. General liability is the backbone of your liability protection coverage. This coverage protects you against losses related to your operations, services or employees.
General liability can provide coverage for:
- Legal expenses
- Medical expenses
- Other specific damages included in your insurance policy
Sentry’s general liability coverage includes:
- Business Liability Insurance: Protects your business from the unknown. If there’s an accident, your general liability policy will cover medical expenses, legal expenses and damages that you are found liable for.
- Employment Practices Liability (EPL): If you have employees, EPL can protect your business against claims related to harassment, wrongful termination or discrimination.
- Commercial Umbrella: Covers costs that are higher than your liability policy limits. This coverage can be applied to your general liability and auto liability policies.
If you’re out on the road, you need protection – whether or not you’re under dispatch. Non-trucking liability will cover you while you’re driving for non-business purposes.
Sentry offers flexible coverage in this department, and you can bring your coverage to new leases.
They also offer unladen trucking coverage, which provides coverage for some losses when you aren’t hauling loads. Many carriers require this coverage.
Every business can benefit from cyber liability insurance, which provides vital coverage if your data is compromised.
Sentry’s cyber liability coverage includes:
- Information security and privacy liability
- Cyber extortion
- Web media content liability
- PCI fines
- Business interruption
- First-party data recreation
If your trucking company is the victim of a data breach, Sentry can provide access to a number of helpful services. Their standard limit is $50,000, but you can purchase incremental coverage limits up to $1 million.
Sentry Insurance Claims Process
Sentry customers can report a claim anytime – 24/7 – through their online portal or over the phone. Policyholders can also track and monitor their claims online.
Sentry is committed to making the claims process as simple and painless as possible. Communication is a top priority, and they will work to find a solution that works for you.
Sentry Safety Services
Sentry helps policyholders develop and maintain a culture of safety. They provide a variety of safety programs for the trucking industry, including:
- Auto safety
- Customer safety
- Trucking safety and maintenance
- General safety and hazard prevention
- Employee issues
- Environmental exposures
Incorporating these safety practices into your operations can help minimize your risks and reduce your chances of filing a claim.
Sentry offers comprehensive commercial truck insurance policies for owner-operators and fleet owners. The addition of safety programs helps truckers and carriers feel safer on the road.